Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Years Day 2010

(January 1, 2010)


As I wake up on this glad and sad day
The New Year has just begun.
Peeking through the shade just now,
A little ray of sun.

But in the night I just broke down.
I cried, and cried, and cried.
If someone would have heard me then
They'd think "someone just died".

It's been six months, yet seems so fresh
I really cannot tell.
If I am sinking into depths,
descending into Hell.

Or if I'm slowly rising up
and the ray of sun is hope.
I'm not Catholic, I can't ask
a Blessing from the Pope.

"Nothing to do" I think today:
It's really just a lie.
There's plenty that I can make  up
"Get busy, then, don't cry".

Fix broken headlight, get a battery check,
'twill prob'ly do some good.
A stroll around the local Mall
Will maybe lift my mood.

"It's not so bad" says ray of sun,
"this isn't how it ends".
"And you have got to learn some verse
For "Screwtape" and his friends."

So I get up, now "on my way"
I'll take the day in stride.
And pray that Someone is nearby
To be my Daily Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment