enter your email here

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gibbous

(August 27, 2010)


My son was waxing verbose, late one night,
And commented on something low, but quite bright.
The moon was rising and quick as a mouse,
He said "That moon is known as Gibbous".

I said "to me it just looks 'more than half-full' "
And then there was silence - a conversational lull.
He commented, then:  "everyone knows of that term!"
Implying that I yet had something to learn.

I sat there, just thinking about how to retort
When then he went on with some gusto and sport,
"Hah!  I got you there, now I'm smarter than you!"
But I sat there quiet, like a saint in a pew.

He rambled on - still quite sure of himself,
'Til he ran out of words, looking pleased as an elf.
Then I said "you'd better watch your verbosity,
Or I'll get up and smother you with my ample Gibbosity."

No comments:

Post a Comment