Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just Desserts

(July 31, 2009)


I think that I shall never see, a poem as beautiful as a tree...
(nope, that's not it)

I think that trees will never be, as wooden as I think of me...
(nope, that's not it)

I think that I'm a crazy nut, who should go sit inside a hut...
(It's true, but nope, that's not it) 

I hope that I can finally think, of rhymes that do not make a stink...
(nope, that's not it either!)

AHA!  HERE'S the Rhyme I wanted!!!  ===>
(Inspired by desserts left for me to eat)

I think that I shall never be,
as happy as when, at home, I see;

a gift dropped off, before our eyes
a gift that was a big surprise!

And now my hungry mouth is 'pressed',
Upon Chocolate, which is the best!

Chocolate God sent me today,
So I lift my beefy arms and pray.

He also sent sweet, scrumptious, pie
That puts a twinkle in my eye.

Oh weight! So lost, is coming back?
As I, my face, I love to pack...

With naughty, nasty, calories,
that soon might make me more obese.

Now I must surely watch myself,
and exercise more than an elf.     (<==?? - oh well, it rhymes)

"But all is well" my stomach sighs,
"I sure can take this yummy prize!"

My craving, sated, lets my mind,
come back to those who are so kind,

That they, of me, today did think
So into depths, I did not sink.

And now I rub my empty pate,
Trying to think of words, it's late.

 So, Poems are made by fools like me.
 But desserts you make, are good to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment