Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Whiner

I took my Ambien thinking i'd sleep,
A restful long night.
When inside of my dreams there was something - a creep,
That gave me a fright.

I can't hide from things that my mind has to fear,
Until the right time.
I wake up, disturbed by what I now hear:
A soft high pitched whine.

Coming out of my slumber I sit up in anger,
My dog's sitting there.
I look, and he looks, he's now in high danger
Of me pulling his hair.

What does he want now, some water or food
Poured into his bowl?
My thought is:  some poison!  Yes that would be good!
But I'm stayed by my soul.

So I condescend with some food for his tummy,
Yes, that will be fine.
But he just dances around like a dunce or a dummy,
"I'll get him some wine!"

He's drunk with some purpose, it's haunting my dreams.
I'm trying to balk
From giving right in to what it just seems:
A short little walk.

It's cold outside, me in shirt and some shorts,
I hope it is dark?
'cause I'm not getting dressed when I head for out doors.
Then hear a loud bark.

A walk, yes, I think, just shaking my head,
He looks right at me.
My "Jammie's" still on - he should be shot dead,
But he just has to pee

This verse is now written, back in bed for a spell,
and I cannot sleep,
My brain is awake, tho not thinking too well
I believe he's a creep.

So I write here in silence and stare at the ceiling,
My eyes open wide.
Thinking He should be happy, in thanks should be kneeling....
He just snores at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment